Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)



After watching Twin Peaks yesterday, I needed something that could help my mind come back to reality, so I decided on this one. Knowing that Godzilla movies are always fun and mindless, what could go wrong with the 2001 entry Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack?


Plot/ Three ancient guardian beasts awaken to protect Japan against Godzilla.


I had seen this on Shudder for some time, but honestly, the length of the titles scared me away. I know that may sound stupid, but it’s true. Now that I have watched it, I can see that I made a huge mistake in waiting. This was one of the darkest and most entertaining Godzilla films I have watched and it made me want to see more. While there are some early CGI issues and such, for the most part, the effects work rather well, creating one of the best monster flicks I have seen. Incredibly, although modernized, the film was able to maintain some of the charms that made the classic Godzilla films so much fun. Less schlock and an entertaining story featuring a dreadful Godzilla out to destroy humanity, this had a lot to like with some solid cinematography, quality dubbing, and a soundtrack that did a perfect job at setting the stage for the action. Yes, some of the creatures did seem off from their original characterizations with the size a ferocity and some of the story felt cliché and predictable, but those were easily overlooked. In the end, if you are a fan of the classic Godzilla flicks and like me, you grew up with them on the Saturday afternoon creature features give this one a shot. This was an entertaining and fun flick that worked perfectly in helping me pass some time in the afternoon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)