King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)



After making it through Alien: Covenant this weekend, I decided to change genres completely for my next flick. That movie is the 2017 action/adventure King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.


Plot/ Robbed of his birthright, Arthur comes up the hard way in the back alleys of the city. But once he pulls the sword from the stone, he is forced to acknowledge his true legacy - whether he likes it or not.



I can see why this is polarizing. On one hand, this is definitely not your traditional King Arthur movie, which would leave traditionalists up in arms. But, there are some interesting aspects that make it entertaining. Personally, I did enjoy the action sequences, the performances, and most of the effects. However, the lack of character development, the modern dialog, and the overall lack of Arthurian atmosphere did not do it for me. Was it a terrible movie? No, in fact, had it been made outside the King Arthur universe it would have likely received a better reception. In the end, if you like period pieces and can look past the idea that this is Arthur and Excalibur, then you may enjoy this one more than I did. Not a terrible movie, but not quite what I was expecting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)