Wait Till Helen Comes (2016)



After Shin Godzilla and Phoenix Forgotten, I wanted to change direction. At first, I did some sports writing for one of the sites I manage, but that was not anything that really helped pass the time until Twin Peaks: The Return. That is when I decided on the next flick, 2016s Wait Till Helen Comes (AKA Little Girl’s Secret).


Plot/ When a reconstructed family moves to a converted church in the country, 14-year-old Molly must save her troubled stepsister from a dangerous relationship with the desperate ghost of a young girl.


I grabbed this one to have something to watch with the girls and it definitely served that purpose. However, for me, even with the creepy look of the house and the decent cinematography, this one did not move the needle. Sure, the performances were not bad and the storyline was believable, but that did not save it from being anything more than background entertainment. There was nothing new in this one, as the story was predictable (although I could have read this in my youth), it lacked atmosphere and tension, and there was nothing in this that made it in any way memorable. In fact, I may have already forgotten some of it. In the end, this one is a decent flick to watch with the kids if they are searching for a ghost story, but nothing more. Unless you are in that position, stay away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)