Demonic (2015)

As the snow started to fall in this frigid weather,  I had to find something to watch.  While I internally debate on whether to continue having down the giallo path,  I couldn't bring myself to search for another one.  Instead I turned to something more modern,  2015s Demonic.

Plot: A psychologist and a police officer investigate the deaths of five people, who were killed while trying to summon ghosts.

If the plot sounds familiar,  it is.  Like many movies in the genre this one suffers from the lack of originality that seems to plague horror from time to time.  However,  that's not saying this is a bad film.  In the contrary it was rather emtertaing featuring a solid cast,  decent performances,  and some nice direction and cinematography.  In fact,  the main issue is the story,  which is both predictable and rather vanilla. Everything else works if you can deal with that. In the end,  there is nothing groundbreaking here,  but it isn't a total waste of time.  Something I found useful on this snow file evening.  I'm not saying it's a must watch,  but know,  you could do much worse.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)