Mother of Tears (2007)

I sat down to find something to watch earlier after deciding to end my Hellraiser marathon and decided to give Tubi a try and I have to say,  I'm hooked.  After searching through their titles,  I decided on the finale of Dario Argento's Three Mothers Trilogy, 2007s Mother of Tears.

Plot: Grisly deaths await Italian citizens after an archaeology student (Asia Argento) accidentally releases a demonic witch from her ancient prison.

Let me start with the typical this one isn't for everyone, especially those looking for an Argento classic or something remotely close to the groundbreaking horror that put him on the map.  This definitely isn't they.  Although,  there are some good elements that can remind you of that era. The stylistic colors,  the soundtrack,  and even some of the pacing definitely have that feel. Even the gore is over the top,  like many of the Italian horror classics. What this one lacks is a solid script and is a bit disjointed with uneven performances.  Of the three movies,  this one is definitely is definitely my least favorite. Is it worth watching? Possibly,  if you are like me and wanted to finish the Trilogy,  it's a must. Other than that,  there are better Argento entries. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)