Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996)

Having just received my Lament Configuration Puzzle Box in the mail, I was hopeful that I could reach out to the underworld and call upon the Cenobites to help me deal with these posts in the neighborhood.  Unfortunately,  nothing happened.  But,  to try to get some tips,  I decided to revisit the Hellraiser series with the 1996 entry,  Hellraiser: Bloodline. 

Plot: In the 22nd century, a scientist attempts to right the wrong his ancestor created: the puzzle box that opens the gates of Hell and unleashes Pinhead and his Cenobite legions.

This was the first time back to this one in some time and honestly it was better than I had remembered.  Although it seemed outlandish from the outset, this one was actually a lot better than it originally appeared. The storyline was interesting and layered, the dialog was really good, and the atmosphere was held throughout.  Yes,  some of the effects felt dated and there were some pacing issues, but those are only minor flaws.  In the end,  I feel this is an often overlooked entry in the series, and a movie that is week worth watching (especially to cleanse they cenobit craving).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)