Uninvited (1988)

After watching some Argento, I decided on a mindless afternoon of domesticated Creature Features. Yes,  there are a ton,  especially from the classic straight to VHS era. My first choice was the 1988 entry Uninvited.

Plot: A cat infected with a genetically engineered virus escapes from a lab and goes on a killing spree, finding its way onboard a shady businessman's yacht loaded with young guests.

Where do I begin? Growing up in this era, I do admit I have a soft spot for the films that came out during this time.  They did help shape my love for horror and always made for an interesting trip to video store and that is exactly what this movie would be.  Not only did it come across extremely dated,  there weren't many moments for it to hang its hat on.  The effects (especially the mutant cat) were laughable, the performance ranges from bagd to cardboard,  and the storyline was, well, beyond a stretch. I mean everything that could be wrong with it,  was, and it came across as more of a headscratching comedy than horror film. But,  honestly,  that was what I expected when I read the synopsis and saw the year on Prime. Would I recommend it? Absolutely not, but to be fair,  there are worse movies out there,  especially from that period. Beware!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)