Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)


As I was trying to nap this evening, I decided to put something on that could help pass the time. I decided on Urban Legends - Final Cut from 2000.
Plot/ A student at Alpine University struggles to complete her thesis film on urban legends - only to have her crew members fall prey to fatal 'accidents.' Suspicious, Amy investigates and discovers a much more sinister hand at work. Now she must unmask the killer before she, too, becomes an urban legend.

I actually like movies-within-movies and the elements that they can add. Unfortunately, this sequel but not a sequel entry is just a bit too blah. Somewhere between a slasher/horror flick and a mild comedy, a lot of this film is just ridiculous. The plot is ok, but a bit cliché. The killer is typical, there is little to no gore and the acting so-so. I honestly felt like there was a lot of potential, but it did not show through. Fortunately, there were some decent kill scenes and the pacing was really good which at least kept things flowing. While not perfect, it is at least worth watching once. Although, I would try to catch it for free like I did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)