Alice in Murderland (2010)



I finally was able to kick back and relax for the weekend, thus enjoying some of the flicks that I had been waiting to watch. To start the evening, I decided to start with some no-budget indie stuff, something that I see as a critical backbone for the horror industry. My first selection for the night was Alice in Murderland (AKA The Alice in Wonderland Murders).


Plot/ It's Alice's birthday and her sorority girlfriends throw her a themed party. Everyone comes as his or her favorite, sexy character from Wonderland. The Jabberwocky was not invited when he brings murder and mayhem to the girls' night out.

This movie was quite a dilemma. To start, I love independent horror, especially the low-budget stuff. While this flick definitely had some elements that I loved, some of it came across just blah.  The acting was uneven, the costuming so-so (especially the Jabberwocky), the characterization was underwhelming and there were many missed opportunities for nudity (not a must, but it could have added something). The effects were also a mixed bag, the actions of the killer definitely did not match the over-the-top gore (which I loved), but at least there was gore (something many films lack).  I did like the storyline, and I could see a lot of potential in it, but some of it was undeveloped within the slow party scenes. In the end, this movie is not for everyone, and some (like me) should enjoy it. It is not perfect, but if you like no-budget indie flicks, check it out.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)