The Dead Want Women (2012)



On Sunday night, I treated myself to some of the true independence of Tromaville with the ultra low budget flick Kill. While not perfect, I decided to stay in that surreal low budget arena with something from old faithful Charles Band, in 2012s The Dead Want Women.


Plot/ Beginning at a stylish mansion in the roaring 1920's, a socialite, flappers, and the men who love them come to their ultimate demise. These ghosts continue to haunt the mansion throughout the decade. Now they've come back to haunt and chase after a new generation of beautiful girls.


First off, anyone expecting a masterpiece should be shot in the head for they must be zombies already. I mean with a title like The Dead Want Women and being a Charles Band / Full Moon flick, you should have a good idea on what you are about to watch. Honestly, this was about what I expected when I picked it up, complete with uneven acting, cheesy effects, an outrageous storyline and boobs (and I was even shocked at how soon they appeared on the screen. On top of those normal items, this one had a solid soundtrack and decent cinematography as well. Sure, it was far from coherent, lacked a lot plot and some of the performances were wretched, but to me that was all right. Sure this was not a good film or pure cheesefest and I have seen better from Band and Full Moon, but it was an interesting journey and one that I glad to have watched.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)