Silent House (2011)



Over the past few days, I have been starting to prepare stuff for the Westmoreland County Fair, and when I get in that mode, I am focused. Finally, with the weekend here, I decided to venture back into some movies with the 2011 remake Silent House.


Plot/ Trapped inside her family's lakeside retreat, a young woman finds she is unable to contact the outside world as events become increasingly ominous in and around the house.

 

Let me start by saying I never saw the original, and if I did, I would hope that it is better than this. While this one is not terrible, it is far from great. Actually, I would say tolerable would be a perfect description. Yes, there are some good points to this cliché-fest, like the acting, cinematography and some bits and pieces of atmosphere. However, with such slow pacing early on, minimal scares and a lack of characterization, it was hard to stay focused on the flick.  In the end, I am glad I waited to grab it at the video store, had I watched it in a theatre, I would be even more disappointed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)