Jacob's Ladder (1990)



As I sit here tonight re-watching V for Vendetta with the daughters, I am excited about the fact that the judges at the Fayette County Fair actually got my zombie entries. That is right, I actually pulled in four Blue Ribbons (first place) and two White Ribbons (third place) for my entry’s. Honestly, that is so much better than I could have expected. It also gave me time to review a flick I watched the other night with working on those, the 1990 classic Jacob’s Ladder.


Plot/ Mourning his dead child, a haunted Vietnam vet attempts to discover his past while suffering from a severe case of disassociation. To do so, he must decipher reality and life from his own dreams, delusion, and perception of death.


Even after all these years, Jacob’s Ladder remains a great atmospheric tale that continues to leave its mark on your mind. Yes, some of it may be a touch incoherent and not make sense, but to me, it just adds to its mystery. This film has everything you should want it a flick. It has some awesome visual effects, it has some great acting within the outstanding script, and the mood and atmosphere is dark, dreary and perfect for the movie. This is one of the better films of any genre to come out in the 1990s and a movie that must be seen. Sure, it may leave a lasting impression, but that is what a flick is supposed to do. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)