Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)



After spending some time out and about, it was nice to be able to watch some movies late last week before starting vacation. Of course, it would have been better if I would have grabbed something that was more worth my while. My review for the evening is the disappointing Texas Chainsaw 3D.


Plot/ A young woman travels to Texas to collect an inheritance; little does she know that an encounter with a chainsaw-wielding killer is part of the reward.


I really did not expect much from this one, as the Texas Chainsaw train left the station long ago. Watching the original as a teen in the late 1970s / early 1980s, it holds a special place in my heart. Of course, that was my favorite part of this one, as the opening sequence drew me in. Unfortunately, it seemed to spiral down from there. The acting was so-so, the cgi/3d effects seemed forced and the storyline was off. More importantly, it lacked atmosphere and actually came across with more comedic moments than scares. In the end, this was one I could have done without as it did nothing but appear to take the name of a classic and drag it further down the abyss. Stay away and watch the original instead. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)