Dead Within (2014)



After spending most of the weekend making last minute adjustments to and then launching Wisdom From Beyond, it was really nice to have a night where I could relax (although my latest class has started worrying me). While I understand that this will likely be my only light day with parades, meetings, a football game, and a zombie run on Saturday, at least I had some time to work on some fun stuff. As I did, I decided to watch 2014s Dead Within; a movie that definitely helped set a mood.


Plot/ Six months after the outbreak, a man and woman have survived by isolating themselves in a remote cabin. Starved for resources, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within.


As usual, I had no idea what to expect and went into this completely blind. I am glad I did, as this was much better than I expected from reading the synopsis, and it was not the zombie flick that I figured was coming my way. More of a psychological horror than true horror flick, this one is more about atmosphere and tension than anything else. Plus, it definitely outlines how much fear plays a role in psychosis and terror. The acting is solid, the characters are believable, and the overall message can resonate with viewers. Yes, it is not a gorefest and anyone expecting a zombie movie will likely be disappointed, but that is his or her loss.  In the end, this was much better than I imagined and a movie that I am glad I watched. If you have not seen it, give it a shot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)