Australiens (2014)



Now that I am finally trying to immerse myself in American Horror Story: Hotel, I figured it was time to catch up on some of the movies that I have skipped reviewing over the past few weeks. First up on that list is the 2014 no-budget horror flick, Australiens.


Plot/ Extra-terrestrials launch a nation-wide assault on Australia, much to the bafflement of the rest of the world.


If you have read my blog over the years, you would surely realize that I am a sucker for no-budget cinema and often am rather lenient when it comes to reviewing them. I usually look past the usual flaws held within them, and look at what could have been if the budget was larger. In this case, it is hard to see the overall potential of a movie when the storyline and scripting does not provide any type of excitement or interest. Billed as a Sci-Fi/Comedy, this one has almost no comedic elements, the performances are completely uneven, and there is nothing memorable about the movie in any way shape or form. While I see the budget is extremely small, it is still hard to see anything positive (maybe one scene with an interesting alien), and that is not usually the case from something Midnight Releasing is part of. In the end, this is a film that I would definitely stay away from; there are about a billion movies that are more entertaining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)