Hell House LLC (2015)



Last night after a couple of episodes of season two of Salem, I decided that I wanted to see something based in a different style. After searching my streaming services, I settled on the 2015 entry Hell House LLC.


Plot/ Five years after an unexplained malfunction causes the death of 15 tour-goers and staff on the opening night of a Halloween haunted house tour, a documentary crew travels back to the scene of the tragedy to find out what really happened.


When I saw this one on Amazon Prime it seemed like something different and the premise seemed interesting, so I gave it a shot. I am glad that I did, as this was one of the better found-footage/mockumentaries that I have seen in some time. This one stands out in that overcrowded genre featuring some solid performances, a strong and interesting storyline that mixes the found footage and documentary styles seamlessly, decent pacing, and enough added scared to make it feel right and not forced. Of course, it is not a perfect flick having a few dialog hiccups and the tension never seems to reach its full potential, but those issues are easy to overlook. In the end, this was definitely one of the best movies to come out in the genre and a movie that must be seen. If you have not watched it yet, give it a shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)