The Descent (2006)



As the writers and actors style continues,  it has allowed me to drive back into some of the horror movies I have watched,  but failed write about four whatever reason.  Some of this is because when I started the blog,  I hadn't gone back to watch them and others may have been missed because of my work schedule. The first one of those is a gross mistake on my part,  as I reviewed the sequel. That movie is the 2006 entry The Descent. 

Plot: A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators.

I remember watching this the first time while deployed near the Horn of Africa, as a horror fan,  it was awesome when something that was not only new,  but so worth watching came up on our lackluster system.  This was one of the more memorable films i watched on the deployment,  and one that i really enjoyed rewatching all this time later. The movie features a tremendous claustraphobic and heavy atmosphere,  that creates a sense of fear and dread throughout. The cinematography is outstanding, the cast does an amazing job, and the script draws the viewer in and really never let's up.  Being deployed,  i have no idea what the reception was,  but this was a highly original movie that was definitely one of the best of that year. In fact, the movie holds up quite well, and was a fun trip back to that time period for me. If you haven't watched it, give it a shot. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)