Mothman TNT Area - Investigation Pictures



Having stopped by Point Pleasant,  WV for a day of exploring the myth of the Mothman, I was extremely excited. Not only do I love the story of the Mothman, this makes the first time since my transplant that I was able to venture out into the wild.  Sure,  I didn't go crazy. Hell, I didn't even make it a night expedition, but I did get va shall hike in and go check out one of the famous sighting locations: the TNT Area.

Now part of the McClintic Wildlife Management Area, the TNT bunkers may be run down, but I will say they still hold a creepy energy.  It did send chills down my spine. Of course,  whatever small animal that was stalking me from the treeline helped with that.  But oh well.  

If you aren't familiar with Mothman or the sightings in and around Point Pleasant,  this is a great rabbit hole and a tremendous amount of lore. This area,  known then as the West Virginian Ordnance Works, was reported to be the home of this game red-eyed cryptid from late 1966 until early 1967. In fact,  to many researchers,  the first recorded sighting of Mothman took place near the gate of one of the abandoned munition shortage facilities. 

While there were also many other strange phenomena that took place during this period in and around the area,  it was the Mothman, not Indrid Cold, or the Men in Black, or even the ultraterrestrials, that wove its way into the fabric of the region.  A 7-to-10 foot-tall winged entity with glowing red eyes has become part of the folklore and at one point America's most famous cryptid. 

Here are some pictures from that area and some motivation for me to get back into the field.  








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)