Mothman: Beyond the Legend (2023)

I just found out yet I'll be heading off to Point Pleasant, WV at the end of the week for a quick birthday trip and I can't wait.  If you have ready my blog from the outset,  you will already know about my fascination with Mothman and most of the world of cryptids. I can't wait to explore the birthplace of a legendary cryptid.  To help prepare,  I searched out a documentary that I hadn't watched yet and found this 2023 entry,  Mothman: Beyond the Legend. 

Plot: Global sightings challenge the notion that the Mothman is a figment of imagination, but rather an omen of change—or simply beyond our understanding.

This was an interesting documentary on the Mothman that prevents information in a straightforward manner.  While it does lack some of the flair of many of the higher budgeted entries in the topic,  this one definitely takes on quite a bit of material and methodically produces it in a way that flows together quite well. Not only do they discuss the besieging of Point Pleasant, they discuss how the myth has endured and its impact on pop culture.  They also present some cases from all over that have similar characteristics such as the Owlman of Cornwall. In the end,  this was a simple refresher for me that came across pretty good.  Yes,  it is definitely completed on a low budget featuring some and stock footage,  but for informational purposes it served us purpose. In the end, if you are looking for reenactments or craft effects this one may not be for you,  but if you are simply looking for information, give this one a shot.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Super Shark (2011)

Nefarious (2023)