Death of a Ghost Hunter (2007)


After watching The Church (La Chiesa), I figured it was time to get back to something a little more in tune with the season. With the enjoyable turn with last nights, The Skeptic, I decided to stick with the paranormal and take a chance on 2007s Death of a Ghost Hunter.


Plot / Renowned "ghost hunter", Carter Simms is paid to conduct a paranormal investigation of a supposedly haunted house. Along with a cameraman, a reporter, and a spiritual advocate, she embarks on a three night journey into terror.


I have to say that this was actually a rather original film. Yes, the acting is not great, however the storyline, cinematography, the effects and the overall idea of the film is done well. The plot is captivating and definitely has a few twists. But to me, it is the special effects and cinematography used to create the ghosts that steals the show, some of those scenes were extremely creepy and made watching film more than just a little worthwhile. Is this a great movie? No, but it is an entertaining movie in the world of the paranormal, and one that is a lot better than some of the larger budget films that are ruining the genre.


Comments

  1. I guess you're just nicer than I am. I was put off by the slow pacing, the bad acting and the weird way that the climax was resolved.

    Without spoiling it (unless you read my review), they basically end the film...but spend another ten minutes explaining what happened after the fact. Just show it normally!

    It's not the worst film that I've seen and it was less infuriating than 'Paranormal Entity.' I guess the test will be to see how it ranks up against '8213: Gacy House,' The Asylum's answer to 'Paranormal Entity 2.'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)