Armynel (2012)



Every once in a while, I stumble upon an indie flick that looks intriguing and I have to grab them. That happened today as I was using one of my last free move coupons from Family Video. That movie was the 2012 indie flick Armynel.


Plot/ When suppressed memories of an abusive childhood begin to surface, a door is opened that was better left closed.


When I saw this one, I really did not know what to expect. From Midnight Releasing, this is one of the best low-budget indie flicks to come out of their catalog. It featured solid acting, great cinematography and imagery, and enough atmospheres to make it work. The storyline was interesting and entertaining. Yes, there could have been some more gore and it could have had a longer run time, but those are just minor details that could have taken this flick even higher.  Of course, the subtle Edgar Allan Poe references do tug on my heart and give it some bonus points… In the end, this thriller is what makes watching independent flicks enjoyable and this one should be seen. Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)