Donovan's Echo (2011)



After a trying afternoon dealing with the VA, I decided that I needed to unwind earlier than usual. With the kids awake, I decided to find something tamer than usual. After some debate with the voices in my head, I decided on the 2011 independent entry: Donovan’s Echo.


Plot/ A series of uncanny déjà vu events force a man to re-examine his tragic past, memory, instinct, and future.


I had never heard of this one when it popped up on the screen on my Netflix account and decided to role the dice. I am glad that I did. This rather unknown (and therefore underrated) supernatural themed movie was a lot better than I ever imagined. The atmosphere was heavy, the storyline layered, the performances solid, and the characters worked well together. Yes, it was a touch predictable as there were just enough hints written in to aid in discovery, and there were a few production/cinematography issues, but that did little to bring this one down. In the end, this was an entertaining mystery that dove into an intriguing topic. Check it out; it was definitely a surprise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)