Satan's Little Helper (2004)



There are times when I am just searching for some mindless horror, and I was definitely in that mood Saturday afternoon. While part of me wanted to take a nap, the other wanted to push through some homework. For some background entertainment, I decided to throw on the 2004 indie entry Satan’s Little Helper.


Plot/ A naïve young boy unknowingly becomes the pawn of a serial killer.


Let me start by saying that this movie absolutely surprised me. Honestly, I have no idea how many times I passed it over expecting something miserable. While this is far from perfect, it was the right mix of comedy and horror to keep me entertained throughout. Technically, the flick works, featuring a decent cast, an interesting storyline, and many decent cinematographic elements. Not to mention that Satan was perfect and his performance alone was a hit. Sure, the ending seemed to drag on a bit and there could have been some more blood, gore, and guts, but those flaws are to be expected in low budget entries. In the end, this black comedy is entertaining and a good way to pass some time getting into the Halloween spirit. It is definitely worth a shot; check it out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)