Dread (2009)



I decided to watch Krampus, but could not get into it at all and actually fell asleep after about 20 minutes. Stay away! To make up for that once I woke up, I decided to watch something a touch different and ventured into the After Dark Horrorfest for the 2009 entry Dread.


Plot/ Three college students set out to document what other people dread most.


I am a huge Clive Barker fan and have no idea how I missed this adaptation of his short story. On top of that, it was part of the After Dark Horrorfest, crazy. This movie was definitely one of the better films I have seen from that series, with an original storyline, solid technical attributes, and a clear vision into darkness. The performances are decent; the pacing works, and it truly out does its budget.  Yes, there are some uneven parts, but those do nothing to truly drag this one down. In the end, this is one of the better psychological horror flicks I have seen in some time, and a flick that should be seen. If you have not watched it, give it a shot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)