Rosemary's Baby (1968)



I was searching for something to watch tonight after I decided that I was not in the mood to write. Since I did not head to Family Video, I was forced to find something on hand. After some thought, I went to a classic: Roman Polanski’s 1968 classic Rosemary’s Baby.


Plot/ A young couple move into a new apartment, only to be surrounded by peculiar neighbors and occurrences. When the wife becomes mysteriously pregnant, paranoia over the safety of her unborn child begins controlling her life.


I have not seen the mini-series, and part of me does not want to because there is no way anyone could come close to duplicating the mastery of Polanski’s original classic. After all these years, Rosemary’s Baby stands as one of the greatest psychological thrillers ever made. In many ways, this is the perfect horror movie, with the perfect cast, a matching soundtrack, dark and brooding atmosphere, amazing cinematography, and a storyline that builds tension in all the right moments. The true genius of this film is Polanski, who constructs this masterpiece as only he can, by creating subtle unnerving tension throughout the entirety of the movie. It is truly amazing. In the end, if you have not watched this masterpiece, you are missing one of the best movies ever made. More than a horror flick, this classic is a must see; check it out!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)