The Horror Show (1989)



After enjoying my trip into the dark world of Rosemary’s Baby last night, I decided I wanted to catch something different tonight as I worked on some homework. First, I watched Left Behind, as some Antichrist vibe was needed as I worked on my project. When that was done, I ventured into the 1980s with the 1989 flick The Horror Show (AKA House III).


Plot/ Detective Lucas McCarthy finally apprehends "Meat Cleaver Max" and watches the electric chair execution from the audience. But killing Max Jenke only elevated him to another level of reality. Now Lucas' family is under attack, his sanity in question, and his house haunted. Aided by a disreputable college professor, can Lucas reclaim his mind, house, and family?


The Horror Show is nowhere close to the classic that I watched last night. However, it is a great example of the splatter/slasher craze of the 1980s. While it is far from perfect, it does have a decent storyline, some solid performances, and a large amount of blood, gore, and violence, all elements that made movies from the 1980s rock! Unfortunately, the pacing is off, the comedic allusions did not work, and the scripting was uneven. In the end, this one is nothing special and not worth searching for. Yes, it is entertaining and would be worth watching if you catch it on Netflix, but remember it is nothing spectacular.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)