Blackway (2015)



I took the night off the blog last night to watch Rogue One (again) and do some writing. Unfortunately, the movie I chose after that one did not do anything for me. That flick was the 2015 thriller Blackway (AKA Go With Me).


Plot/ An ex-logger comes to the aid of a woman who returns to her hometown in the Pacific Northwest and finds herself harassed and stalked by a former cop turned crime lord.


As a fan of Anthony Hopkins, I decided to grab this one when I saw it at Family Video. What I found was somewhat disappointing and extremely predictable. While the performances aren’t bad and there were a few decent moments, the movie as a whole did not hold my attention. The scripting, characterizations, and storyline were not enticing and the cinematography was bland and uninspiring. Really, there is nothing memorable or great about this one. In the end, I could have done without this one, especially as it followed the superior Rogue One in my movie rotation. Yes, there were a few entertaining moments, but there are definitely much better options.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)