Skyquake (2015)



After taking a night yesterday to get caught up in the past few episodes of Riverdale, I decided that it was time to get back at it tonight with something a little different before I get back to my National Poetry Month project Salvation. After some debate, I decided on the 2015 Brain Damage Films entry Skyquake.


Plot/ Since 2012 reports of strange sounds coming from the sky have flooded social media, now Adam, a recluse, struggling with his own demons, believes whatever is causing them has followed him home.


When I picked this one up, the synopsis seemed interesting, as I have heard (and read about) many accounts of this phenomenon. While this movie takes on this subject in a different manner that leaves much of it to the viewers interpretation, something that I love as a writer. The visuals are really well done with solid cinematography and direction; the storyline is intriguing, and the performances are decent. Yes, some of the special effects and audio tracks are uneven and the pace does feel a bit slow, but those issues seem to fit in with this strange tale. In the end, for a lower budgeted film, this one is a thought-provoking journey into something that we really do not understand as a civilization. If you are like me, and are fascinated by the unknown (especially the 4:44-time symbolism), give it a shot, you could do much worse.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)