Triangle (2009)



I love all things strange, weird and supernatural. I remember writing an essay in high school on the Bermuda Triangle, it was awesome. When I saw the movie Triangle last night on the Movie Channel, I had to watch, I just had to.


Plot/ When Jess sets sail on a yacht with a group of friends; she cannot shake the feeling that there is something wrong. Her suspicions are realized when the yacht hits a storm and the group is forced to board a passing ocean liner to get to safety. Unfortunately, they are not as alone as they believe.


I love when movies exceed expectations! When I put this on last night, I actually figured I would doze off, but I was wrong. I was drawn into an extremely complex and detailed mystery, centered inside the famed Bermuda Triangle.  More of a thriller than horror flick, the movie screams atmosphere with a great usage of colors to create a heavy and eerie feeling throughout. The acting is solid, the pacing tight and the storyline, while complex, really comes together nicely (although there are some plot holes that are easily seen). Yes, the film like many has some minor flaws (like the plot holes), but it is more than watchable. Diehard gore fans may not like it, but if you are looking for an original mystery that has some decent twists, check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)