Prometheus (2012)

 
 
I think that I have had my feel for documentaries recently. While they are always entertaining to me, and I learn a lot, I cannot live in the realm forever. Sometimes, I just need some solid entertainment to help me pass my evenings. For my viewing pleasure tonight, I decided to take a walk into the Sci-Fi arena with the 2012 Ridley Scott entry Prometheus.
 
 
Plot/ A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
 
 
I am not a huge fan of the Alien franchise, so too me, this one had no real hype for me. I will admit that t looked interesting, but it did not strike me as something to stand in line for. Ironically, what I found when I finally decided to watch this was just as interesting as I expected it would be. While the story arc was vast, there definitely felt like there were some holes, but to me, it added to the mystery. The pacing was solid, the cinematography and effects were amazing and there was a lot to like in this film. Yes, there were some characterization issues, choppy editing and the acting was uneven, but that did not ruin the film.  In the end, I found this extremely entertaining, and a movie that I liked more than many of the Alien films. If you love Science Fiction or even Ancient Aliens, you should definitely check this one out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)