Hobo With A Shotgun (2011)

 
 
Last night I needed to find something mindless to provide me with some late night entertainment as I continue to wrap my mind around some of the interesting items I have been researching lately. Of course, finding something that is entertaining, mindless and tinged with horror has become a bit difficult lately. My selection for the evening, the 2011 grindhouse entry Hobo With a Shotgun!
 
 
Plot/ A homeless vigilante blows away crooked cops, pedophile Santas, and other scumbags with his trusty pump-action shotgun.
 
 
This was one of the first Grindhouse / Exploitation flicks I have watched in some time that kept me very engrossed all the way through. The storyline works and is really an offshoot of what many people would love to do when they witness atrocities taking place. Sure, maybe it is a bit extreme, but, that is what movies are for. The acting is solid, with Rutger Hauer playing the role perfectly, the cinematography is good with an honest vintage appeal, the gore and violence is everywhere and unbelievably, there is actually some character development. Yes, there are some pacing issues and some of it may be too over the top, but that does not harm the film in any way as it almost adds to the comic outtakes littered in the story. In the end, this one is a must see for fans of Hauer and this genre, it is honestly, everything you could want in a Grindhouse / Exploitation flick.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)