Devour (2005)


With Brenda and the kids headed back this way to help finish packing, I decided to do very little tonight other than check out some horror flicks. In fact, right now I am enjoying a classic Argento tale, Inferno. Prior to that though, I started the evening with my friend the devil, in 2005s Devour.
  

Plot/ In Cheever Lake, the twenty-one years old Jake Gray has bloody nightmares while awake. His friends Conrad Dean and Dakota apply him in a weird game called The Pathway. Jake begins to mix reality with daydreams, while his closest friends die. Jake blames the game, which might be connected to the devil, for the deaths of his friends and decides to investigate the mystery.

Let me start by saying that this movie caught me off guard. I went in not expecting much, but what I found was an interesting and entertaining storyline that held my interest throughout. Yes, this suffers like most low budget flicks with some plot holes, scripting issues and poor character development, but what it lacks there it more than makes up for it with some solid acting and good cinematography.  And while the characters seemed a bit undeveloped, they were at least interesting. In the end, this is a hidden gem in the genre. Yes, it is far from perfect, but it is entertaining and interesting, which is a lot more than most flicks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)