Botched (2007)



With another night almost in the books, I decided to venture into the world of horror / comedy. Yes, I know that sometimes these flicks are a challenge but it was time. My choice for the evening was Botched from 2007.



Plot/ During a heist in Russia, a professional thief finds himself dealing with serial killers, insane hostages, double-crossing psycho Russian criminals and the real possibility of a horrible death.


When I saw this was coming on, I honestly had no idea what to expect with most horror / comedies struggling to find the happy medium that would be successful. Fortunately, I gave this flick a chance, it was awesome. Honestly, it was one of the funniest movies of the genre that I have seen. Sure, it is a low budget B-Movie, full of all of the flaws you would expect. It has the typical over-the-top acting, strange and nonsensical scripting, bad dialogue and plot holes, but it embraces these flaws and owns it. Combine the campiness with some gore and some original ideas and you have a winner. Sure, this is not for everyone, but if you love movies like Evil Dead, you will love this.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)