The Birds (1963)


It was awesome on Saturday night as all four of my daughters were sitting together at their grandmothers’ house watching some television. Fortunately, I never leave the house unprepared for just these situations, and this time was no different. So, without hesitation, I fired up the DVD player for the 1963 Alfred Hitchcock classic The Birds!


Plot/ A wealthy San Francisco socialite pursues a potential boyfriend to a small Northern California town that slowly takes a turn for the bizarre when birds of all kinds suddenly begin to attack people there in increasing numbers and with increasing viciousness.


Ever since I watched this classic the first time years ago, I was hooked on all things Alfred Hitchcock. Everything the master did was amazing and I am still amazed at the quality of his flicks all these years later. The Birds feature some of the best special effects of the era (especially the attack scenes), great cinematography, solid acting and an awesome soundtrack. His use of silence to build tension and atmosphere was brilliant and worked perfectly. Yes, originally I found the ending a bit anticlimactic, but that has grown on me more and more every time I watch it and the dialogue has started to feel dated, but those are very minor flaws that are barely noticeable. This is a true classic and film that everyone should enjoy. If you have not watched it yet, why not? Check it out!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)