The Legend of Sorrow Creek (2007)



Now that I have run out of newspaper and boxes for the last few items that I need to pack up, I decided to spend some time on my blog as I watch Dario Argento’s Creepers (Phenomena). Prior to this, I watched The Legend of Sorrow Creek from 2007.


Plot/ Kayla and Jesse loved spending their childhood summers at their grandfather's secluded cottage in the pristine mountains of rural New England. Now, fifteen years since their last visit, the sisters return along with Kayla's boyfriend Dean and his best-friend Tobe for a much-needed break from their busy lives in New York. But when a simple fishing accident leads the foursome to follow an unexplored shortcut through the woods, the lives of this small group of friends are shattered forever as they suddenly find themselves facing the shocking and terrible curse of one of America's most haunted places.


When I picked up this 8-Movie Pack Midnight Horror Collection V.1, I was unsure what to expect from the majority of flicks. I started with this one and discovered something better than an average low-budget B-Movie. The movie was interesting with a storyline that while not perfect kept me engaged. The acting was sound, the cinematography was solid overall it had some good moments. Unfortunately, the plot development and scripting seemed a bit sporadic and underdeveloped, which did detract from the feel. In the end, I did enjoy this one and think it was a great opener for this set. I probably would not run out and buy this by itself, but as part of a $5.00 box set it is worth watching.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)