Children of the Living Dead (2001)



I am all about zombie flicks, especially semi-local ones seemingly based here in southwestern zombie land. Unfortunately, it is becoming harder and harder to find decent ones. Last night, while finishing some of the items for the fair, I decided on Children of the Living Dead from 2001. Maybe I should have picked something else.


Plot/ serial murderer and rapist Abbot Hayes disappeared from the morgue. Shortly afterwards, a zombie plague swept through town. Fourteen years later, the aging residents of the town are trying to erase all traces of their past, but the past keeps coming back to haunt them.


As a fan of low budget horror, I am used to uneven flicks. However, there are times where things get so bad that it is hard to even understand what was the intention. This flick is one of those. It is unfortunate though, I wanted to like this one as it felt like home, with Tom Savini, and many Night of the Living Dead overtones. However, there was really nothing to like with it. The editing was bad, the acting beyond uneven and some of the effects were horrid (and I am not going to get started on the storyline). Honestly, it is just that bad. If you have suffered through this already, I am sorry, if you have not, stay away!


Comments

  1. Savini really had nothing to do with this movie... I read an interview wherein he called the film "a piece of shit." I laughed my ass off.

    I hate this movie.

    Now imagine watching it DUBBED in french...

    http://www.zombiehall.com/2011/12/children-of-living-dead.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)