Malibu Shark Attack (2009)



After taking a break last night to put out a sighting report for interesting creatures or UFOs, it was time to get back into the swing of things. Of course, with some of the daughters still feeling the buzz of the news from the Bigfoot hunt, I decided to continue with some creature feature. My selection, from the Maneater Collection is the SyFy Channel flick Malibu Shark Attack from 2009.
Plot/ When a tsunami floods Malibu, it brings with it a hunting pack of deep-water, prehistoric goblin sharks that go after the lifeguards in their half-submerged station on stilts and a team of construction workers stranded in a flooded house.
Let me start by saying that I am not the biggest fans of SyFy Channel creature features, and I mainly watch them with my daughters as a fun alternative. I will admit that sometimes they surprise me; unfortunately, this is not one of those cases. While the acting was not too bad, actually decent for this type of faire, it is too bad that it went downhill from there. The sharks may be the worst ever, the tsunami is not much better, and the storyline is a horrid mix of cliché, filler and utter ridiculousness. In the end, it was one of the worst creature flicks I have seen in sometime and was not worth the time I spent watching it.

Comments

  1. Something like that... It is like a neverending cycle of shark crap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)