The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)



After checking out The Ring last night, I decided to let Jolene pick the next movie that would be reviewed. Predictably, she chose her favorite movie for our viewing pleasure tonight, 1975s The Rocky Horror Picture Show.


Plot/ A newly engaged couple have a breakdown in an isolated area and must pay a call to the bizarre residence of Dr. Frank-N-Furter.


Before I begin, I know that The Rocky Horror Picture Show can’t be given its just due unless you watch one of the midnight shows that make it an amazing journey into the surreal. I love watching it in that setting and can’t wait to go into the next show (hopefully, next week for my birthday). However, this film can be enjoyed at home, if you watch it with and open mind and a sense of humor. We try to watch it at least once every couple of months, and after that atrocity that was remade for television, I had to definitely wash that out of my mind before enjoying another show. As a movie, it is mixed with good and bad, but overall it is extremely entertaining. The minimalist cast is tremendous, the musical aspects are catchy and perfect for the show, and the script is spot on. Yes, the special effects are uneven and the production qualities in some ways are lacking, but that is to be expected in a low budget B-Movie. In the end, I am amazed at the amount of people that have never seen this film either at home or live on a Saturday night. This is one of the first cult classics and a film that should be watched and enjoyed for generations. I just hope no one tries to remake it again; it can’t be done!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)