John Dies at the End (2012)



With my mini vacation from Bren and the girls almost over, I spent the day finalizing my plan of attack for the blog and for Steelers 101. With it being the off season, it is time to start draft preps, and at the same time, I have a ton of movies ready to review. The next one up was a book adaption, 2012s John Dies at the End. 


Plot/ A new street drug that sends its users across time and dimensions has one drawback: some people return as no longer human. Can two college dropouts save humankind from this silent, otherworldly invasion?



As a fan of movies by Don Coscarelli, every time I get a chance to grab one that I have not seen, I jump at it. They are always good for some subtle humor in with the horror elements and this one was just right. Before I start, I have never read the book and cannot speak to the adaptation. The film has some very interesting parts that make it entertaining. The acting is solid throughout, the humor was on point, and the storyline was intriguing. Yes, there were some pacing issues, minimal character development, and it was more comedy than horror, but it was still extremely entertaining. In the end, I believe is worth watching, although some that have read the book may disagree. If you are like me and have not read the source material, check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)