Surviving Evil (2009)



There are times where I make impulse selections knowing I am likely headed for a snoozer. This was one of those times, as I knew there was no way that this movie could match the initial thoughts. What was this selection? It was the 2009 creature feature Surviving Evil. 


Plot/  A TV documentary crew arrive on a remote island in the Philippines to film a survival special. Their back-to-the-wild adventure proves to be more terrifying than they ever could have imagined.


I had a feeling when I saw this one that I would be in for a long night, and I was right. Despite some solid acting, and a lot of potential with the storyline and creatures, this one falls flat in so many ways.  The biggest let down is the script, as there is way too much going on with the unlikable characters to make it interesting. Honestly, had they stayed with more focus on the creatures and less about the drama, it may have been a better flick. In the end, this could have been a solid creature feature, but does not reach its potential. Stay away unless you are a diehard low budget creature feature fan. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)