Bigfoot: The Movie (2015)



As I sit down and try to catch up on some of the flicks I missed reviewing over the past week, I would be out of my mind to forget this one. While it is far from Oscar worthy, it is what it is. This is the local (for me) 2015 creature feature Bigfoot: The Movie.


Plot/ Bigfoot has come to the town of Ellwood City, PA and is causing BIG problems. Now it's up to four town locals, Chuck, Dale, Burl, and Kate to take him down.


When I rented this one at Family Video, I expected a no-budget schlockfest that would harken back to some of the great low-budget, straight to VHS entries, and that is exactly what I got. This Kickstarter-funded entry may not be the best movie, it may be completely unbelievable, and it may lack the big budget effects that many films have, but it is funny. Being from SW PA, I could relate to the characters as I see many of those stereotypical characterizations in real life on a daily basis (believe me, these people are real and this is likely how some would act if a sasquatch was on the loose. The performances are definitely uneven and the there are some head scratching moments, but honestly, this adds to the campy fun that is contained within the storyline. Who knew that a female Bigfoot could become a potential tourist destination? In the end, if you are searching for a serious Bigfoot flick, this one is definitely not for you. However, if you are looking for a creature feature that is more camp than substance, this one is for you; especially if you are from Southwestern Pennsylvania and grew up with some typical yinzers and jagoffs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)