War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)



After taking a couple days to enjoy my trip to Columbus and the Softball World Series event, I decided to kick back tonight and review the movie I saw over the weekend. That one is the finale of the Planet of the Apes reboot, 2017s War for the Planet of the Apes.


Plot/ After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind.


I had heard a few different perspectives on this movie that covered the entire spectrum of film reviews. With that in mind, I figured that this would definitely be one of those love/hate entries that seem to be growing with every passing release. While that is fine (and somewhat expected), I am definitely at the point where seeing is believing. I absolutely loved this one and think that it is a film that does have some elements that have to sit inside your mind before the entire depth of the storyline and script hit home. The storyline is detailed with a few different subplots woven in, the performances are solid, scripting works, and the CGI is amazing. In fact, the imagery created in this one was top-notch throughout. Yes, it does have a slower pace and there are many silent moments used for effect, but those elements only add to the meaning of the film and work well for emphasis. In the end, I can see why this will be a polarizing film and a movie that will fall into the love/hate category. Sure, there could have been some more action and some of the storyline is a touch absurd, but that happens in many films. For me, this is a movie with a message and one that was a perfect capstone and one that left me wanting more. Check it out and make your own decision.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)