All Eyes (2022)

As this week continues, I have found getting back to watching horror and returning to the blog has been really therapeutic and has helped me pass some time as I recover from my transplant. Luckily, there are a ton of movies out there for me to choose from. The next one I decided I was the 2022 independent flick All Eyes.

Plot: A disgraced podcast stumbles upon an eccentric farmer who claims to have a monster living in the woods near his house.

When I read the premise of this one,  I was intrigued because I have been stuck in this podcast realm for a few days.  More of a drama than creature feature,  this movie is one that is a lot more layered than you would expect at first glace. The storyline is good,  the cast and performances are solid,  and the overall feel of the movie really works.  One thing that really stood out was the scripting. As a writer myself,  I found that the character development, the depth of the airline,  and the way everything was brought together was tremendous. Yes,  there are some slow moments,  especially at the beginning,  and the monster reveal was sort of a letdown, but for a movie that I am sure had a low budget, some flaws are to be expected. In the end,  this wasn't the horror movie that I expected,  but it was a film that I am glad I discovered. Not for everyone,  but worth the watch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)