Deadstream (2022)

I know, I know, it's a lot earlier than it has been for this post. But, I was up early to head to the VA hospital for my weekly bloodletting. Being a transplant recipient, that is one of the costs of being alive and surviving cancer. While,  it has only been a month since returning home,  I have totally accepted the miserable traffic that comes with early morning blood work. Last night, I decided that I would watch something involving a podcast/YouTuber, something that I have come to really enjoy.  My choice was Deadstream from 2022.

Plot: A disgraced internet personality tries to win back his followers by livestreaming himself at an abandoned haunted house. When he accidentally unleashes a vengeful spirit, his comeback event becomes a fight for his life.

This is a flick that I wish I would have watched earlier.  This was an interesting story and a new perspective on the haunted found footage subsets that seem too have overtaken the horror genre. The performances are solid, the effects work well,  and storyline is somewhat original while maintaining some of the constant elements known throughout horror. It was a really fun hour and a half (really 89 minutes) and a kibbutz that should be watched by every horror fan.  In fact,  I liked it so much that I am definitely going to keep track on the filmmakers in the future to see what they come up with next. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)