Winterbeast (1991)



In the middle of my marathon of the original Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mystery Hour, I decided that I wanted to take a break and catch a movie (recovering from transplant surgery does have some perks). So,  after some debate with the voices in my head, I decided on the 1991 schlockfest Winterbeast.

Plot: People are being killed off near a popular mountain lodge, with a legend claiming that the mountain is haunted by a deadly Native American demonic curse.

I honestly don't know exactly what i watched and am quite torn.  On one hand, this no budget schlockfest offers very little fit the viewer. It has almost no plot, the scripting is incoherent, the effects teeter between bad and worse, and the performances are far from good.  Yet, i found this one rather entertaining on a so bad it's good level. This reminds me of what Mr. Lobo from Cinema Insomnia says,  "they're not bad movie,  they're just misunderstood." In many ways this is a movie that shows that anyone can make a true independent film, no matter hor good or bad, if they want to. With what I am sure is an extremely low budget (if any) and not a single know commodity (not to mention dated stop-motion effects), this one keeps you interested by wondering what features is coming next. Overall, yes, it is a bad film and a movie that on many levels,  should necessarily be seen.  But,  in this case,  check it out, you definitely find some of it hilarious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)