Supernova (2000)


After a long and tiring day yesterday,  I decided v to kick back and relax. While I had thought about doing side filming, I just didn't have it in me. My recovery from transplant surgery is definitely still ongoing; something I expected but I often forget about  because I do feel so much better already.  So, what did I watch? The 2000 Sci-Fi flick,  Supernova.

Plot: Supernova is a science fiction thriller that chronicles the high-stakes adventures of a deep space hospital ship and its six member crew. When their vessel, the Nightingale 229, answers an emergency distress signal from a distant galaxy, the crew soon finds itself in danger from the mysterious young man they rescue, the alien artifact he smuggled aboard and the gravitational pull of a giant star about to go supernova -- the most massive explosion in the universe.

During my recovery,  I have really been watching a lot of Sci-Fi. This movie was one that I couldn't believe that I hadn't seen or remembered. As a big James Spader fan,  I didn't remember seeing it when it came out, although I was on active duty back then and was in and out of the US quite a bit. Now, after watching it, I can understand why. Honestly, there is nothing remarkable or memorable inside this one. Yes, it is not all bad, as the storyline had promise, the performances were solid, and there was a touch of atmospheric tension throughout. Unfortunately, it was riddled with clichéd moments (I could almost see four different films as main influences), the scripting is all over with uneven dialog, and the visuals were flat and uninspiring. In the end, this was not a terrible movie, but unless you are a huge Sci-Fi fan, you will get nothing from watching it. Its up to you, but I think you could find something more entertaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)