Smile (2022)


It has been quite some time since I dove into my horror blog.  While I never stopped watching movies or feel out of love with horror. Unfortunately,  over the past couple years I have been dealing with some serious medical issues,  one that I hope are now finally in the past.  While I am not fully recovered from the last procedure, I do feel more alive and will in my way to a full recovery. So,  to get back into the swing of things,  I am going to drive into the 2022 film,  Smile.

Plot: After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Cotter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can't explain. As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.

I remember hearing about the movie before it came out, with their marketing campaign making headlines by strategically placing smiling people in baseball stadiums- genius. To be honest, while that was impressive, I definitely feel it added something to the overall product.  To me,  this movie was outstanding (especially the ending). The characters were believable and the actors were amassing capturing the overall feel of the film.  There was a heaviness throughout the movie that gave a sense of hopelessness; something that I love in horror. The storyline,  the effects,  and the cinematography worked together really well to create a film with a tremendous atmosphere where the subtle differences between reality and a tortured imagination were hard differentiate in the moment. Overall, this film is certainly worth watching and a movie that should appeal to horror fans. Check it out. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)