BLOBFEST 2010


Just two days remain until Blobfest! The annual 3 day event in Phoenixville, PA in celebration of the 1958 horror movie "The Blob," starring Steve McQueen. Anyone in the Philadelphia area this is a great event! Hope to see you there.

BLOBFEST 2010: Friday Night Re-Enactment Revelry


Fri, Jul 9, 7:00 pm

Doors open at 7PM. The shenanigans start at 7:15PM – whee! The Running Out Re-Enactment will take place at approximately 9PM. Schedule is subject to change.

A live stage show hosted by Dr. Frank N. Stone & Ghoul-A-Go-Go
Special Guest: Stella, the Maneater from Manayunk
Special Guest: Wes Shank and the Original Blob
Music by Matt Hallacker and the Blobs
Shorty Award Contest Winners Announced
Shorty Award Winning Films Screened
The Running Out Re-Enactment
There is no Scream Contest this year.
There is no screening of The Blob on Friday night.
The Phoenix Village Art Center has adopted the Tin Foil Hat Contest.
After the revelry, head on over to the 3rd Annual Blob Ball

BLOBFEST Saturday StreetFair (11 AM - All activities on the street are FREE.)

Hosted by Hot Rod Scott & the Professor of Roadhouse Radio WPRB 103.3FM
The Fire Extinguisher Parade is set to start at 12PM
Zydeco-A-Go-Go performs at 12:05PM
The Costume Contest will follow at 1PM
Blob Trivia Contest will begin at 2:30PM
The Phoenix Village Art Center will announce the winners of their Tin Foil Hat Contest at 4:45PM
Music, food, vendors and classic cars ’til 5PM
Don’t forget to check out all the merchants in town that are taking part in our Facade Contest!
Schedule is subject to change.

Comments

  1. Oh man, I am so envious of you for being able to go to this. The blob has always been my fave monster since the '70s. "Beware! The Blob" has the distinction for me of being THAT MOVIE, ie. the movie that everyone has from their childhood that scared the living crap out of them. For six months after seeing it I was terrified of cracks under doors and couldn't step out of bed without expecting a tendril to grab my ankle.

    Question: Is the gory '88 remake celebrated at this event at all, or just the more nostalgic movies?

    Finally, prepare for Rob Zombie to totally ruin his Blob remake. This quote from him really, really annoys me:

    "My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing, that's the first thing I want to change. That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

    WHAT?! I really hope he leaves the project.

    Anyhow, thanks for listening and have a great time at the con!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be eager to hear about what it was like, though I can't imagine going to a "Blob" event without a screening of the movie. Seeing the movie in the actual theater would be a big highlight for me.

    I met Stella a couple of times when she had a cabaret act with another girl called "Processed American Cheese." Sort of a Bette Midler comedy kind of thing. She was using her real name, Karen. Glad to hear she's still around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aylmer, I agree, I want Rob Zombie nowhere near the Blob. This fest is just about the classic, not the remake. Although, I actually feel that the 1988 version is better than a lot of people give it credit for.

    Jack, I saw it there at last years event and it was awesome. I can't wait to do it again with my oldest daughter that didn't make it last year. Plus, we are doing the reenactment of the theatre scene tonight which should be awesome!

    Hopefully, I have some good pics and maybe a video or two to post when I finally get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)