They Saved Hitler's Brain (1968)



After a few weeks, I decided it was time to venture back into the Gorehouse Greats Collection in hopes of finally finishing that set. With that in mind, I chose They Saved Hitler’s Brain for the evening. Unfortunately, I may have been better off watching a rerun of Warehouse 13, it may have been more interesting the third time around!


Plot/ At the end of World War II, Nazi officials spirited the living head of Adolf Hitler out of Germany to a hiding place in the South American country of Mandoras, in order to revive the Third Reich at a later date. By the 1960s, these men believed the time had come, so they kidnap a top scientist in order to force him to help keep Hitler alive. Several intelligence agencies find out about the plot and send agents to stop it.


I do not know where to begin, this movie is a disjointed mess from start to finish. The scenes are unbalanced, the special effects are laughable and the acting is abysmal. Do not get me wrong, I am a huge fan of B Movies and love some of the cheesiest more than other more popular titles from that era. Those are at least fun, something that this is not other than the few minutes with Hitlers’ Head in the jar, which is hilarious. Other than that this movie has very little to offer and is difficult to watch. Personally, I am unsure of how it was selected to be part of the Gorehouse Greats Collection.

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

Comments

  1. I actually own this collection but haven't viewed it yet. I'm still working on the Drive-In Cult Classics one, doing a video review for each film. I heard this film was pretty lousy. I guess I'll see for myself whenever I get to it. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that kind of thing... I have the Drive-in and horror classics sets and plan to eventually do the same thing. I have just started with a couple of the smaller ones (like this and the undead) first.

    Good luck with the drive in set, I have watched a handful of those already and there is some interesting stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)