Interview with the Vampire (1994)



Fall is my favorite season and October my favorite month. As we venture down the path toward Halloween, it is always great to visit the different genre’s that make this time of the year great. Whether it is monsters, space aliens, serial killers, vampires or zombies, this is an awesome time of the year. With that in mind, I decided to venture into the world of the undead, with the 1994 Anne Rice classic Interview with the Vampire.


Plot/ A vampire tells his epic life story: love, betrayal, loneliness, and hunger..


I remember reading this book for the first time some years ago and I was overwhelmed by the atmosphere and the storyline. Of course, I will admit that I soured on Rice after that, leaving Interview with the Vampire as the only one of her works that I enjoyed. The film adaptation was good, creating atmosphere, with subtle characterizations and embracing the layered storyline. While the cast worked and they had some solid performances, I did feel some disconnect with the overall philosophical nature of the book. In the end, this was an entertaining movie and one that should be seen. Yes, it is not perfect, but at least the vampires do not sparkle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)